Verse for Today

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The One-Year Bible - 8 February 2012

Readings:
Exodus 28: 1-43
Matthew 25:31 - 26:13
Psalm 31: 9-18
Proverbs 8: 12-13

Matthew reading:  If Jesus' purpose was being sent to bring Good News, and his mission for us was to go out into the world and make disciples of all nations, then this passage would serve as the "report card" that outlines whether we have met the requirements.  Indeed, the final judgement that is presided over by Jesus will be based on these criteria.

"I was hungry, and you fed me.  I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink.  I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.  I was naked, and you gave me clothing.  I was sick, and you cared for me.  I was in prison, and you visited me ... whatever you did for the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it for me [Jesus]".

I wonder if we would get a passing mark?

No comments:

Post a Comment